Held each spring in Tallinn, Estonia since 2009, Tallinn Music Week (TMW) is a weeklong celebration of talent, curiosity, creativity, freedom and equality. Having started out as a music industry conference and showcase festival, TMW has broadened its concept further into an all-encompassing city festival, covering arts, design, technology, city space, food culture and various societal issues. Already in its 10th year, TMW is one of Europe’s fastest growing festivals for tomorrow’s music, arts and ideas.
TMW’s core is the new music festival and creative impact conference.
In 2018 the festival will celebrate its 10th anniversary.
The core of TMW 2018 is creative impact with shared vision and common action, encompassing subjects like sustainable development, equality, diversity, future skills and the role of design thinking.
• Reevaluation of disciplines with an eye towards progressive change.
• Innovation, future industries and skills
• Strong communities, activism and an integrated society
• Equal opportunities and diversity, special needs
• People-driven cities and neighbourhoods
• Design thinking for human-centered solutions
• Youth and children
“The West is dead, it has lost its mojo! If you want to hear some really good new music, discuss relevant things about music and culture and get a blast of life from the young and beautiful city, come to Tallinn Music Week!”
Ivan Novak (Laibach)