TMW works in cooperation with the clubs, bars and promoters of Tallinn. Like all other local promoters, we have to follow the Estonian law. The vast majority of the venues serve alcohol, and as such are not able to admit under-age customers. The general rule is that venues and programmes that run after 23. 00 have age limits of 18 yrs.
However, we have a City Stage programme, taking place during the daytime in various venues all over the city (cafes, shopping malls, galleries, music & book shops etc), free of charge and accessible to everyone.
A list and map of TMW venues can be found on our website at about a month until the festival.
Find detailed info about the Passes & Tickets here
Festival passes are on sale at TMW webstore. Single tickets are on sale at Piletilevi as well as at each venue on the night of the show.
Passes must be exchanged in advance for a wristband at the festival information desk. More info
All questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Festival Pass must be exchanged for a wristband at TMW info desk.
You will not be able to gain entry to any show without a wristband.
No, not if the venue is full. We can guarantee that there will always be spare capacity at some of the venues, but not at all of them all of the time. Some of the participating venues have a capacity as low as 50-100, making a guarantee of entry impossible. However, the delegates’ pass and festival pass owners + people who have purchased a single ticket in advance, have priority over the queue at the door.
It is important to arrive early if there is a band you absolutely must see. There is usually quite a bit of traffic flow from venue to venue, so if one band’s show is full, it is quite possible that people will leave after their set, enabling you to get in to see the next band, so sometimes it pays to queue a little.
To help everyone see a particular artist, some acts will play two shows on different days and/or at City Stage programme.
The first step in securing a slot at TMW begins with registering your interest. TMW application usually runs 5-6 months before the festival at tmw.ee/apply
The programme jury, made up of leading Estonian and international promoters and organisations, representing virtually every genre and scene, from avant-garde to pop and from folk to classical music, select the artists from the long list of applications. We also collect suggestions from a wide variety of people, and, like any festival, we also book some carefully selected acts in addition to the ones who apply, to ensure a program of the highest and most current grade.
Selection / programming starts right after the application deadline and we will contact you by email to let you know whether your act has been confirmed to the festival line-up. Those acts that are not selected will also receive notifications by email. Some acts will be on a reserve list until all the slots are filled.
Generally speaking – there are over 1000 applications for around 100 – 150 performance slots. There is always a fierce debate amongst the demo jury as to which acts are picked and often tough choices have to be made. Factors that come into play include live experience, artistic development, uniqueness, genre represented by an act etc. The reason you were not picked, doesn’t necessarily come down to taste – more likely the jury had to make other choices this time around. Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply next year as the jury often takes note of acts to check out next time around and sometimes a band is booked to TMW only after their third or even fourth application.
No, TMW is for acts from all around the world. As one of the missions of TMW is to promote and introduce new and promising Estonian music, majority of the acts performing at TMW are Estonian, but we have plenty of bands from the neighbouring countries, Scandinavia and elsewhere. At least 30 per cent of the final festival line up comprises of international acts.
It has never been the plan to put on only unsigned and unestablished artists, although over the years we have introduced a fair amount of such acts. Our main priority is to put on acts that are interesting and relevant, both for the Estonian and Baltic industry/media and audience.
We will announce the TMW 2021 programme during March and April 2021.
As a rule, TMW does not pay performance fees or cover travel costs to the artists, although at some festival editions we also book international headliners whose costs we cover. All ticket income (that forms around 10 percent of the festival’s funding) and other private and public resources are needed to cover the costs of: venues, sound & light, conference, invited delegates’ travel, hotels, marketing and production.
This festival was founded with an aim to help artists to develop their careers and to introduce good music to new audiences. As long as there will be acts who think TMW could be useful to them, we’ll be happy to make it happen.
To all artists:
– TMW 2021 PRO passes to all artists/artist collective members and representatives that enable both physical and online participation in the music festival and conference, incl. an extensive artist education programme of workshops and mentoring sessions
– Exposure to around 1,000 music industry professionals and media representatives and an audience of 15,000 people
– Access to the TMW PRO online database and networking options with the region’s key music industry professionals as well as with selected international experts (bookers, promoters, managers, distributors, labels, publishers, A&Rs, music supervisors, agents, media & marketing specialists)
– Promotion to the national and international audiences
– Possibility to promote new releases of international potential
– The sound, lighting, backline and video equipment according to the submitted technical rider within the most suitable showcase and venue; all related assistance by professional production personnel
To Estonian artists:
– An opportunity to invite relevant international music industry professionals to see your performance at TMW
– An opportunity to work with the festival’s promotion and production team on presenting and marketing your new releases
– Dedicated artist coach helping to prepare for the festival
– Preliminary export and marketing seminars in collaboration with Music Estonia during February-May 2021
– Preliminary festival tutorial session and materials during April 2021
To foreign artists:
– Online info session about the Estonian and Nordic-Baltic market in collaboration with Music Estonia during March – April 2021
– Preliminary festival tutorial session and materials during April 2021
– Transportation: airport or ferry transfer to the hotel
– Accommodation: twin rooms for show night
– Catering on a show day (1 hot meal)
CONDITIONS ON THIS OFFER:
– The festival does not cover international travel or artist fees
– Once an artist has confirmed the performance, it cannot be cancelled without a solid reason (health, international travel restrictions or similar)
– All performances may be photographed, recorded or broadcast by festival’s media partners for promotion purposes. Details will be discussed closer to the performance date.
All applicants will be contacted in February 2021 via representative’s e-mail submitted in the application form. An e-mail notification will be also sent to the artists that will not get selected.
Should you have any questions or run into any technical problems when applying, reach out to us directly at email@example.com
Both. And more. It is also one of Europe’s leading city festivals and one of the major meeting points for Eastern, Western and Central European music and creative communities.
The conference takes place at the Estonian Academy of Arts.
You must be either a registered delegate and your registration paid up in full or the owner of TMW PRO Pass or Conference Pass. Artists playing at the festival will also get PRO passes for each band member and the artist representative.
Pick up your pass/wristband at the TMW info desk.
Unfortunately not. More info on Passes & Tickets
TMW offers an early bird rate and lower prices to those who register early. There is also a limited amount of student passes available with 50% discount from each price range.
Admission to the conference-only areas where both Estonian and international delegates congregate, all the seminars and other TMW activities as well as TMW music festival. The pass also grants priority access to all the festival concert venues, full PRO programme throughout the festival amd access to online PRO base area which includes full contact details of the TMW delegates. More info
All the TMW artists (each band member and artist representative) will get a TMW PRO Pass that grants access to the TMW conference, festival and delegates’ online database.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +372 672 6608.
TMW festival is founded and run by Shiftworks OÜ. TMW music programme is organised jointly by TMW and Damn.Loud Agency.
TMW’s strategic partner is the industry development centre and export office Music Estonia.
The event is financed with a help of various public supporters and private sponsors.
Yes. We need plenty of volunteers right before and during the event. The work itself is generally associated with marketing support, day-time seminars, ticket sales, production assistance in festival venues, logistics, transportation, artist hosts etc. Volunteers get free access to all TMW’s events during the festival.
For additional info, contact: email@example.com